April 1, 2009: Do love working with people? Do you have experience working with Hurricane Katrina survivors? Then we are looking for you! Boat People SOS (BPSOS) is a national Vietnamese-American community-based organization with 26 years of service. We are seeking a motivated, tech-savvy individual to be part of BPSOS’ development of Hurricane Ike emergency response and recovery efforts as an administration supervisor for our reporting systems and case management operations throughout Southeast Texas.
– Supervise data entry specialist and case management reporting systems working with two funder required systems – CAN and TAAG – to ensure timely and accurate submission of data
– Provide technical and backup support to CAN/TAAG specialists and other staff members as needed
– Assist in planning and setting-up of all CAN/TAAG technical needs for new BPSOS offices and staff in various counties
– Work collaboratively with IT coordinator to ensure proper database management
– Willing to drive to our offices to provide support and technical guidance to CAN/TAAG specialists in various counties, including offices in Harris, Galveston and Jefferson counties
– Monitor use of CAN/TAAG system at the Houston-based project headquarters and area Disaster Recovery Centers, including agencies in the community
– Generate CAN/TAAG reports that will assist in tracking progress toward goals and outcomes
– Ensure proper reporting and monitor efficiency of services
– Perform other duties as requested
– Must have knowledge of CAN/TAAG disaster recovery system; prefer previous experience working with the CAN or TAAG system
– Knowledge of MS Window XP Pro, and MS office 2003 application
– Proficient in: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, etc
– Excellent problem solving and communication skills, along with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
– Bilingual Vietnamese/English preferred
– Must have valid TX Driver’s license and reliable transportation
Program director of Emergency Response and Recovery Program
Depending on experience and qualifications, plus benefits.
Send cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to:
BPSOS is an equal opportunity employer.
To view all the career opportunities at BPSOS, click here.