November 13, 2008: BPSOS-Houston’s staff has helped over 1,300 clients and their families connect to urgently needed services and benefits since Hurricane Ike. Our staff members worked very long hours. Now’s your chance to lend a hand and give back to the Vietnamese community! You can volunteer, both over the holidays and longer-term, by calling Annie Trinh at 281.530.6888. She’s provided this list of volunteer needs:
– We are in a dire need of volunteers to help us move. Please call for details of when and where.
– Toy drive events in December. We need volunteers to help us with the set-up, cleaning up, and entertaining children, e.g., magic tricks, story telling, balloon animals, etc.
– Fundraising for the office (furniture and food/money for our program for seniors)
– Marketing (promoting us to their peers, announcing our new office address/grand opening)
– Legal intern (especially if you are interested in immigration law)
– Community Against Domestic Violence (helping promote anti-domestic violence ideas/services)
– Office administration work
Thank you for considering donating some of your valuable time – your help is urgently needed and appreciated! To volunteer or get more information, please call Annie at 281.530.6888.