Click the sign to the right to see all the opportunities available at Boat People, SOS.
November 3, 2008: Boat People SOS is a national nonprofit organization serving primarily Vietnamese-American communities with programs ranging from community development to victim services. Our Financial Department is in need of a highly qualified and motivated Grants Administration Manager. This position will provide financial management support for a national organization with 14 branch offices and a projected 2009 budget in excess of $6 million.
The Grants Administration Manager is responsible for overseeing dozens of grants, ensuring compliance, and managing the systems for reporting, billing, and stewarding grantor relationships. This position also calls for a thorough knowledge of basic accounting principles, systems and formats, particularly in the nonprofit/NGO sector. The Grants Administration Manager works closely with program, accounting and development staff to achieve and maintain excellence in grant financial reporting and tracking systems.
1. Develop and manage the organization’s grant administration and fiscal reporting systems;
2. Work with the program departments to create necessary financial reports for grant reporting and tracking;
3. Assist program departments in maintaining financial grant compliance;
4. Monitor all expenses to guard against unallowable expenses;
5. Train and monitor program managers in developing cash flow projection and in tracking grant budget; and
6. Ensure sub-grantees adhere to fiscal policies, procedures and ad hoc reports on sub-grants.
1. Bachelors degree in finance, accounting, or business administration required;
2. Minimum 2 years fiscal and grants administration experience, including management of US Federal grants, sub-grants and audits, and experience working with MAS 200 accounting software;
3. Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Internet);
4. Proven knowledge of GAP, systems, and formats;
5. Ability to use, analyze, and interpret data, especially within the context of spreadsheets;
6. Proven organizational skills, accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to multitask;
7. English fluency required, additional Vietnamese fluency preferred;
8. Bicultural background preferred;
9. Team player with demonstrated ability to interact professionally with staff, clients, fund and service providers and work productively in diverse team settings or independently;
10. Leadership and initiative in identifying and addressing emerging problems; and
11. Deep commitment to social justice and dignity for refugees, immigrants and their families.
Reports to: Director of Finance & Accounting/CFO
Depending upon experience, plus benefits.
Email or fax your cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 references to:
Human Resources Department
firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 703-647-6499
BPSOS is an equal opportunity employer.