July 25, 2008: Boat People SOS, Inc. (BPSOS) is a national Vietnamese-American community-based organization with 14 branch offices nationwide. Our mission is to assist Vietnamese immigrants and refugees in their search for a life in liberty and dignity by equipping, empowering, and organizing communities. BPSOS is seeking a motivated and experienced individual for the position of National Media Specialist for ARC (Assistance to Refugee Couples) program.
This program promotes healthy families and marriages in the Vietnamese, Cambodian, and Laotian communities across the country. This position will be located in Atlanta, GA.
To ensure BPSOS’ healthy marriage and healthy family program will be widely known and create excitement and interest in the Vietnamese-American community.
Objectives specified to TV programming:
1. ARC TV programming becomes a signature national TV show that stands out for its quality and content.
2. ARC TV programming will be broadcast on all major TV programs and have web presence.
3. A production team of well trained, motivated volunteers will support the production of high quality TV programming.
4. Generated income from ads, commercials, donations, grants, etc. will sustain the TV show beyond the funding period.
5. Effective marketing will bring the TV show to all Vietnamese families.
Objectives related to BPSOS’ overall media strategy:
1. Effective use of show business approaches will turn our trainers into celebrities.
2. BPSOS will become recognized as the major Vietnamese-language media organization by businesses and agencies.
1. Bachelor’s degree in film and video or equivalent experience;
2. Strong communication skills and ability to write reports and develop training and presentation materials;
3. Fluency in both English and Vietnamese;
4. Strong computer skills;
5. Good public speaking skills;
6. Must be able to commit some Friday evenings, Saturdays, and Sundays to conduct workshops, meet with coalition members, and present information on radio and television programs.
SALARY: Depending on experience, qualifications, plus benefits.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to:
BPSOS is an equal opportunity employer!