To learn more about BPSOS internships, click the image above.
June 26, 2008: Hoping to gain experience teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)? Interested in gaining research and networking experience?
Boat People SOS is seeking an ESOL intern to support the Rise to Independence through Savings and Education (RISE) program within the Community Development Department.
1. Teach ESOL classes.
2. Research and contact mainstream agencies, including potential funders and job placement agencies, to form community partnerships and to increase resources available to clients.
3. Coordinate weekly meetings with community partners and staff.
1. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
2. Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Windows XP.
3. Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
This internship is located at our Falls Church, VA office and requires a commitment of at least 20 hours/week. For more information, please send a brief note stating your qualifications and interest in the position to Loan Hanlon at email@example.com.